Cakey brownies with a sweet peanut butter and marshmallow topping are a delicious treat to have on hand. These cakey brownies have been a favorite recipe in my home, and adding the S’mores toppings makes them extra fun!
As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases. Follow along for more Amish and Mennonite recipes and feel free to leave a rating and comment in the comment section below!
S’mores cakey brownies
- baking dish (linked below)
- Mixing bowl (linked below)
- Saucepan (linked below)
- measuring cups (linked below)
- Whisk (linked below)
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 Hershey chocolate bars, broken into squares
Peanut butter sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 7 regular sized Jet puffed marshmallows
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, then stir in sugar, oil and vanilla. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, then pour into a greased 13 by 9 in. baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 min. until puffed up slightly in the center and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Be careful not to over bake these brownies.
- Sprinkle marshmallows and chocolate bits over the cakey brownies, then return to the oven and broil at 400 degrees for 30 seconds, until marshmallows have puffed up slightly and are browned on the top.
Peanut butter sauce:
- Take a small saucepan and melt the butter over med-low heat. Add marshmallows and allow to melt slightly, stirring constantly. Stir in peanut butter and keep stirring until marshmallows have melted completely. Stir in water, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a light boil, stirring rapidly for a minute or two until well combined, then remove from heat. Allow to cool and thicken somewhat, then drizzle over cooled brownies.
Equipment needed for these S’mores cakey brownies:
- Baking dish I like to use a glass baking dish for baking cakes, brownies etc. Using a glass baking dish makes checking the cakes and brownies on the bottom a lot easier.
- Mixing bowl I prefer to use stainless steel mixing bowls, because they have always been sturdy and reliable for me.
- Measuring cups I also prefer stainless steel measuring cups for the same reasons given above.
- Sauce pan A small saucepan will be needed for making the peanut butter sauce in.
- Whisk A whisk is also needed for whisking and mixing the ingredients together, unless you prefer to use a hand mixer, which also works for mixing this cakey brownie batter.
Subscribe today and get free meal inspirations delivered to your doorstep!
The original Recipe for these Brownies came from a friend of mine who made these for our teams serving as humanitarian aid workers in Iraq in the aftermath of ISIS. After cleaning out dirty, burnt and ransacked concrete houses, she would often have these fresh brownies waiting for us, giving us a taste of home after a long, hard day of work.
Feel free to pin for later and tag me on Instagram with a photo of your own creation!