Prep time 10 min
Cook time 15 min.
Marinade for 4 center cut porkchops
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
Mix marinade ingredients in a small bowl then transfer to a gallon sized Ziplock bag along with porkchops. Marinade in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
sweet citrus glaze
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan, Bring to a boil. Meanwhile mix cornstarch and water creating a slurry. whisk cornstarch slurry into boiling ingredients in the saucepan and reduce heat to med-low. Keep stirring for 30-60 seconds or until well incorporated. Remove from heat.
Preheat oven to 425.
Sweet Potatoes with brown sugar cinnamon butter.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter (room temp.)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Wrap sweet potatoes in Aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven, for 1 hour for small potatoes and 1 1/2 hours for large sweet potatoes.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl using an immersion blender or the whisk attachment of a hand mixer. Blend until creamy and well incorporated.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and foil. Allow to cool slightly.
Pork chops Continued
In a 10 in. cast iron skillet, brown a tablespoon of butter then add porkchops and 1/4 cup marinade. Sear on both sides for a minute or two until nicely browned. Remove from Heat and tent with aluminum foil then bake for 10-15 minutes at 425, until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.