These simple green beans are pan fried in oil and flavored with bacon, cheddar and seasonings for a quick and easy side dish that doesn’t lack in flavor! For some main dishes to pair out with these green beans try Barbequed spare ribs, Super easy crockpot chicken or Swedish meatballs.
As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases. Follow along for more Amish and Mennonite recipes and feel free to leave a rating and comment in the comment section below!
Cheddar and Bacon green beans
- Non-stick skillet (linked below)
- Spatula (linked below)
- Serving dish (linked below)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups frozen green beans (thawed or partially thawed) *see note
- 5 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon season all
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste optional
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute green beans and chopped or crumbled, bacon in olive oil for 5 minutes over medium heat, turning frequently. Add seasonings and stir, then cover with a lid and turn heat down to low.
- Allow green beans to cook for 3-5 minutes or more until crisp tender, then remove from heat. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and keep covered until cheese has melted. Serve and enjoy!
Equipment needed for these cheddar bacon green beans:
- Non-stick skillet You will need a medium to large non-stick skillet for sauteing these bacon, cheddar green beans in. I prefer to use a non-stick skillet and to grease it well with butter or oil before sauteeing the green beans.
- Spatula I like to use a plastic spatula to turn the green beans. Using plastic on non-stick also prevents the non-stick skillet from scratching.
- Serving dish A pretty serving dish to place these cheddar green beans in makes them taste even better (In my opinion, but it adds a fun element)!
- Measuring cups I like to use a measuring cup to measure out the green beans and to get a more accurate measurement of them before adding the seasonings, cheese and bacon.
- Measuring spoons Measuring spoons are nice to have for a more accurate measurement of the season all, garlic powder and olive oil needed for these cheddar bacon green beans.
Caution for sauteeing these green beans:
Green beans tend to burn easily if they are not stirred frequently while being sauteed, be sure to cook the green beans over medium heat and toss/stir them frequently while sauteeing them.
Flavor variations for these green beans:
You can do several variations with these, such as adding BBQ sauce in with the green beans and seasonings while they are being sauteed, or your favorite seasonings instead of garlic powder and Season all.
Step 1-2: Saute green beans and chopped or crumbled, bacon in olive oil for 5 minutes over medium heat, turning frequently. Add seasonings and stir, then cover with a lid and turn heat down to low.
Allow green beans to cook for 3-5 minutes or more until crisp tender, then remove from heat. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and keep covered until cheese has melted. Serve and enjoy!
Green beans are a favorite garden product of mine, they are easy to put up for the freezer, plus they are a filling and nutritious side to any dinner!
Subscribe today and get free meal inspirations delivered to your doorstep!
Main dishes to pair with these cheddar bacon green beans:
- Whole stuffed chicken with Amish bread stuffing (slow cooker or baked)
- Pineapple citrus glazed ham (baked)
- Barbequed chicken wings (slow cooker)
- Barbequed meatballs (slow cooker or baked)
- Family favorite meatloaf (slow cooker or baked)
- Chicken bacon ranch pasta (slow cooker)
- Amish dairy casserole (slow cooker or baked)
- Amish country casserole (slow cooker)
- 3 ingredient pork chops and sauerkraut (crockpot)
- Salmon stuffed shells (slow cooker)
Feel free to pin this recipe for later and tag me on Instagram with your own creation. Thank you for supporting our blogging journey!