These versatile mini cheesecake bites are so soft and creamy. This recipe was passed down from my Amish relatives and is made with a creamy cream cheese base, sour cream filling, and then topped with your favorite jams or fruit toppings such as fresh strawberry filling for summertime or apple pie filling in the Fall!!
As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases. Follow along for more Amish and Mennonite recipes and feel free to leave a rating and comment in the comment section below!
Creamy Cheesecake bites
- Mixing bowls
- muffin tins
- 24 oz. cream cheese softened.
- 5 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Sour cream topping:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Jam, pie filling or fruit preserves of your choice.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and cream cheese together. Add vanilla and eggs, then mix until well combined and smooth. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners, then fill them 2/3 full with cheesecake mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until they have puffed up and have started to crack on the tops (you can also do the toothpick test if you are unsure). Remove cheesecake bites from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes.
- While cheesecake bites are cooling, mix sour cream, vanilla and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Top the cooled cheesecake bites with 1/2 tablespoon of sour cream topping, then return them to the oven and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake bites again and then allow them to cool completely before topping with a teaspoon of pie filling, fruit preserves or jam. Keep refrigerated and enjoy!
- Muffin tins You will need two one dozen muffin tins to bake these mini cheesecake bites in.
- Mixing bowls Mixing bowls will be needed to combine/blend the cheesecake filling and also the sour cream mixture in.
Subscribe today and get free meal inspirations delivered to your doorstep!
These Cheesecake bites are a treasured family recipe, passed along from my Mom and old order Amish Grandmother. I like to top these mini cheesecake bites with a variety of jams and pie fillings for a more colorful display. Our favorites were topped with strawberry jam and pineapple jam.
Feel free to pin this recipe for later and let me know your thoughts in the comment section below!
Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more recipes. I love visiting the Amish when I go home to Ohio to see my family. We visit the Amish in Chillicothe.
That’s great! I’m sure they have great food out there as well!
[…] more dessert ideas try my Creamy Cheesecake Bites or Reese’s Peanut Butter Skillet […]
[…] If you love to bake and love sweets in general, try Chunky m&m Cookies Grandmas Amish Recipe Collection, Chocolate Eclairs Gramma’s Amish recipe collection or Creamy Cheesecake Bites. […]
[…] Mini cheesecakes […]