This easy Homemade Mocha Frappuccino or Mocha Frappe as some call it, is a delicious blend of Cold brew (instant coffee can be used as well), Ice cubes, Heavy cream and Hot chocolate mix (instead of cocoa powder). This DIY drink tastes even better than the Starbucks drink and is only a fraction of the cost! A Mocha is a drink made of chocolate flavor and coffee, and adding Ice to the mix makes for a deliciously refreshing Frappuccino that is perfect for relaxing outside by the pool, or for drinking in the shade while watching busy toddlers.
Follow along for weekly recipes and meal ideas or sign up below for email updates on new recipes. I would love to hear your comments or questions below as well!
The Best Homemade Mocha Frappuccino
- 6-7 Ice cubes *see note
- 1 oz. package hot chocolate mix
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream *see note
- 1/2 cup cold brew or strong instant coffee (chilled)
- Chocolate syrup to taste.
- Heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate shavings from your favorite candy bar.
- Place ice cubes, hot chocolate mix, cold brew or chilled coffee, and heavy whipping cream into a blender. Blend to combine for a minute or two. Add more ice to thicken, or liquid to thin, if needed.
- Add chocolate syrup of your choice (such as Hershey's chocolate syrup or Ghirardelli chocolate syrup) to taste. Blend the Frappuccino again to incorporate the chocolate syrup.
- Pour into a large 16-20 oz. glass, or 2, 8 oz. glasses and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings (optional). Enjoy!
Try this Frozen Hot Chocolate for a caffeine free drink. (great for kids!) You can also make your own hot chocolate mix if you prefer!
It is so easy to make your own Frappuccino and saves a pretty penny as well!
Making a Frappuccino at home is better than going to a coffee shop (in my personal opinion), because you can make it to fit your needs better than a barista can! As a former barista, I know that everyone has different tastes when it comes to coffee drinks. Some prefer a stronger coffee flavor, some less sugar, some dairy free milk, some more sugar/sweetener! This Frappuccino can be adapted to your taste and you can add more coffee and less whipping cream or less coffee and more whipping cream if you prefer.
You can also add dairy free milk but keep in mind that you may need to do some adjustments to the recipe and it may not be as creamy, unless you add a dairy free creamer which I believe would be the best substitute.
I prefer 1 Tablespoon of Chocolate syrup I usually consider myself in the middle when it comes to sweet coffee drinks. I like to taste the coffee but don’t like a bitter drink (if that makes any sense). Feel free to add more or less Chocolate syrup or omit it altogether if you wish.
I would love to see your creation of this (or any recipe from This mom cooks) as well! Tag me on Instagram at thismom.cooks
[…] If you enjoy making your own drinks at home try homemade cold brew or homemade Mocha Frappuccino. […]