These oven roasted potatoes with bacon and Ranch seasoning are perfectly crisp and flavorful, and a super easy side for dinner! Roasted potatoes are one of my go-to sides for busy days. Adding Ranch seasoning and crumbled bacon elevates the flavor of the roasted potatoes to where you would never guess the prep only takes 10 minutes! I enjoy my roasted potatoes as a side to meatloaf or meatballs. You may also enjoy them as a side to slow cooker pot roast.
As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases. Follow along for more Amish and Mennonite recipes and feel free to leave a rating and comment in the comment section below!
Roasted Ranch Potatoes (with bacon and parmesan cheese)
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
- 6-7 Russet potatoes, cubed *see note
- 1 oz. Ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon lightly fried/cooked
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the potatoes with olive oil. Add seasonings and grated parmesan cheese, then stir well to coat.
- Transfer the seasoned potatoes onto a large baking sheet and spread them out in an even layer, then sprinkle crumbled bacon on top *see note below.
- Bake the potatoes in the preheated oven on the center rack for 45-50 minutes. Halfway through the baking process, remove the potatoes from the oven and flip with a spatula to get a more even roast. Return to the oven and roast until the potatoes are softened and beginning to brown. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- Baking sheet A large baking sheet is the best option for getting an even roast on these bacon and Ranch potatoes.
- Mixing bowl I like to use a medium sized mixing bowl to mix up the potatoes and seasonings.
- Cutting board You will need a cutting board to cube the potatoes before seasoning and roasting them.
- Chef’s knife I prefer to use a large chef’s knife for efficiently cubing potatoes and chopping vegetables.
- Spatula A sturdy spatula is very handy to have for giving those spuds a stir half-way through the roasting process.
Ingredients needed: cubed potatoes, Ranch powder or dips mix, ground black pepper, onion powder, salt, parmesan, crumbled bacon and olive oil (not shown).
Step 1: Combine the potatoes with parmesan, onion powder, salt, pepper and olive oil.
If you prefer the taste of garlic over onion powder, you can use garlic powder instead of the onion powder.
Step 2: Spread the seasoned potatoes out onto a large baking sheet and sprinkle crumbled bacon on top.
I prefer to bake my bacon on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, at 425 degrees for around 10-15 minutes, for this roasted ranch potatoes recipe. I prefer to use bacon that is only lightly cooked as it will continue cooking while being roasted with the potatoes.
Step 3: Roast the potatoes in the preheated oven, turning halfway through the roasting process to get an even roast. Once the potatoes are soft and have a nice color, then they are ready to enjoy.
For the best results, loosen the potatoes from the baking sheet as soon as they come out of the oven, otherwise they will adhere to the baking sheet as they cool down. You can soak the sheet over dinner for easier cleanup, or you can line the baking sheet with parchment paper before roasting the potatoes.
I love my Ranch roasted potatoes dipped in Chick-fil-A sauce and ketchup. The combination is so delicious! These roasted potatoes are a lot easier to make than French fries, but have the same crisp and are even more deliciously flavorful with the addition of Ranch powder, parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon. My kids will literally steal the potatoes off the baking sheet while they are cooling, we all enjoy them that much!
Feel free to pin this recipe for later and tag me on Instagram with your creation. Thank you for your support!