Cucumber Salsa with lime and cilantro is a refreshing side dish, perfect for eating as a snack with tortilla chips, on top of tacos, chimichangas, enchiladas and so much more! This Zesty cucumber salsa recipe is without garlic but if you wish you can add crushed garlic or garlic powder as well. This salsa is especially delicious when you use fresh veggies and tomatoes in the summer months!
Prep time: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup diced onions
- 1 3/4-2 cups tomato (chunked or diced.)
- 1 1/2 cups chunked cucumber
- 2 small or 1 large jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste.)
Follow along for weekly recipes and meal ideas or sign up below for email updates on new recipes. Be sure to comment below and let me know your favorite variations of salsa!
- Prepare onions, tomato, cucumber and jalapeno to preference (diced or cubed) and place in a small-medium sized mixing bowl.
- Finely dice the cilantro and add to the vegetables in the bowl, then halve the lime and squeeze the juice onto the cucumber salsa.
- Gently combine the veggies and lime juice and then add salt to taste. Serve while fresh and drain excess tomato juice if needed. More photos and notes below.
Being able to walk outside and pick fresh tomatoes and peppers is one of my favorite things about the summer months and also makes the best tasting salsa, knowing that the veggies (some of them) where hand picked and completely organic! If you do not have access to a summer garden you can also check your local farmers market for the freshest ingredients for this salsa.
If using this salsa as a snack with tortillas, you may wish to dice the veggies instead of cubing them.
Fresh lemon juice can also be used in this recipe. My preference for flavor is lime, but I have been known to use whatever I have on hand and lemon juice definitely works in a pinch!
I do recommend serving this cucumber salsa fresh for the best flavor and for the sake of crisp veggies, however, the salsa can be refrigerated for several hours without turning mushy.
Philippians 4:6 May the Lord bring peace to your day!