This delicious lasagna with a three cheese filling and flavorful meat sauce is made extra creamy with cream cheese filling instead of ricotta cheese. My family enjoys this lasagna with copycat red lobster biscuits and cup cheese!
As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases. Follow along for more Amish and Mennonite recipes and feel free to leave a rating and comment in the comment section below!
Cream cheese lasagna
- 9 by 13 inch baking dish
- Mixing bowl
- Large skillet
- measuring cups
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked.
- 1 lb. ground beef (or ground sausage)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 cup onion, diced.
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (optional)
- 3 cups Marinara sauce
Cream cheese mixture
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
Additional Shredded Mozzarella for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef or sausage in olive oil with onion and seasonings. Once the beef is browned, add tomato sauce and turn heat to low. Simmer for 5-10 minutes and then remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cheeses and garlic salt until cream cheese is mostly smooth (some small lumps of cream cheese may remain). Add sour cream and milk and then mix all together again until well combined.
- Layer lasagna in a 13 by 9 inch dish, starting with four noodles, then 2/3 of beef mixture. Top with four more noodles, then top with cream cheese mixture. Add the last four noodles and then the remaining beef mixture. Top with additional mozzarella cheese, ensuring all noodles are covered.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the lasagna is heated through. Cool slightly and enjoy! More notes below.
- 9 by 13 inch baking dish I prefer to use a glass 9 by 13 inch baking dish for this recipe.
- Mixing bowls Metal mixing bowls are my favorite because my metal mixing bowls are easy to clean, dish washer friendly and durable.
- Large skillet I grew up using Farberware and so it is definitely my favorite brand (not and ad) for cooking with.
- Measuring cups I also prefer to use metal measuring cups when making this lasagna, once again mine are easy to clean and dishwasher friendly.
Lasagna is a favorite of mine when serving a crowd. I like to pair mine with Red Lobster biscuits or prepackaged garlic bread (that may be cheating a bit, but my family loves it). Add a tossed salad for a full meal!
My husband laughs at me for this, but I also love to drizzle my lasagna with Ranch dressing!
I like to use plain yoghurt as a substitute to sour cream. Yoghurt tends to thin the cheese mixture more than sour cream so you may not need to add any extra milk to the mixture.
Feel free to spice up this lasagna with your favorite seasonings or cheese blend!
Feel free to pin this recipe for later and show off your creations by tagging me on Instagram at thismom.cooks . Thank you for your support!!
[…] dinner ideas, pair this Lemon Parmesan Asparagus with Rice and Beef Casserole with Cracker Topping Cream Cheese Lasagna or White Chicken Skillet Lasagna. Click dinner for all dinner […]
[…] it a meal! Serve these warm and buttery, Amish garlic pretzel knots with Cream cheese lasagna or American […]