This refreshing Green Orange Smoothie with ginger is the perfect mid-winter or summer reset smoothie! Made with freshly squeezed orange juice, yoghurt, chia seeds, ginger and honey, this healthy smoothie certainly does not taste boring!
As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases. Follow along for more Amish and Mennonite recipes and feel free to leave a rating and comment in the comment section below!
Healthy green orange ginger smoothie
- Blender (linked below)
- Citrus juicer (linked below)
- measuring cups (linked below)
- 1 cup Freshly Squeezed Orange juice (from 2 large Navel oranges)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice freshly squeezed or bottled
- 1/8-1/4 cup honey (add to taste)
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup spinach
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 7 ice cubes
- Juice the oranges until you have roughly 1 cup of fresh orange juice. Stir lemon juice (freshly squeezed or other) into the orange juice and set aside for now.
- Place ice cubes into a large blender, then add orange and lemon juice, yoghurt, honey, chia seeds, ginger and spinach to the blender.
- Blend well until smooth, then pour into a glass cup of your choice and enjoy!
- Blender a large blender is ideal for getting this green orange ginger smoothie to the right consistency.
- Citrus juicer I use a small hand held juicer for my citrus. In my small kitchen, having this little tool on hand is nice and convenient to store.
- Measuring cups A set of measuring cups is needed to ensure you have the proper amounts required for this healthy smoothie.
Ingredients shown: Large Navel oranges, chia seeds, raw honey, ground ginger, lemon juice, spinach and plain yoghurt. Not shown: Ice cubes.
I used fresh California citrus which are sweeter than most store bought oranges. I also recommend adding more or less honey to fit your taste.
Step 1: Juice the oranges and then stir in lemon juice.
I often go for the lemon juice that sits in a bottle in my refrigerator, as this recipe only requires a small amount. However, freshly squeezed lemon has more nutrients and better flavor so the method is up to you!
Step 2: Add all the ingredients to a large blender.
Ginger can also be added to taste. If you do not like a strong ginger flavor you can add a little at a time, blend the green orange smoothie up and taste once blended, adjusting as needed.
Step 3: Blend until smooth, then pour into glasses of choice and enjoy!!
Feel free to pin for later and show off your creation by tagging me on Instagram!