This delicious frozen hot chocolate drink is rich and creamy, perfect for cooling off with on a hot summer day! This frozen hot chocolate is similar to a frozen mocha, but without the caffeine and is inspired by a popular drink that was served at the coffee shop I worked at several years ago. You may also enjoy these refreshing recipes for iced mint tea or strawberry banana ice pops!
As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases. Follow along for more Amish and Mennonite recipes and feel free to leave a rating and comment in the comment section below!
Frozen hot chocolate
- 10 ice cubes *see note
- 1 oz. packet Swiss Miss hot chocolate mix (3 tablespoons)
- 1 cup whole milk *see note
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Hershey's chocolate syrup or to taste
- Toss ice cubes into a blender, then add milk, heavy whipping cream, hot chocolate mix, vanilla extract and Hershey's chocolate syrup.
- Blend for a few minutes until smooth, then add additional chocolate syrup to taste if needed. Blend again until smooth and well combined.
- Top with whipped topping and more Hershey's chocolate syrup, (optional). Enjoy!!
Subscribe today and get free meal inspirations delivered to your doorstep!
Ingredients needed for this frozen hot chocolate:
Heavy cream, milk, Hershey’s chocolate syrup, vanilla extract and instant hot chocolate mix.
Mix ups for this drink.
- Try adding a few extra ice cubes and a shot of espresso to make a frozen mocha!
- Add flavored syrup (to taste), try Hazelnut, Strawberry, Peppermint or Salted Caramel!
Step 1: Place ice cubes, milk, heavy cream, vanilla extract and Hershey’s chocolate syrup into a large blender.
Step 2: Blend until smooth, then add additional chocolate syrup if needed and blend until the additional chocolate syrup is well combined into the hot chocolate freeze.
Step 3: Pour the frozen hot chocolate into glasses and then top with whipped topping and additional Hershey’s chocolate syrup (optional). Enjoy!
I had some leftovers of this hot chocolate freeze which I kept in the refrigerator overnight and turned into an iced coffee the next day with a shot of espresso and a few extra ice cubes. It was also delicious!
Just looking at this frozen hot chocolate makes me crave another one!
I was introduced to this drink while working at the local coffee shop. Customers had a variety of preferences with it, some added different flavors or different milk types. Rain or shine, summer or winter, Frozen hot chocolate was always popular!
Feel to pin this recipe for later and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram with a photo of your own frozen hot chocolate creation! Thank you for supporting the blog.
[…] these cookies with a fresh cup of cold brew or a Frozen hot chocolate or try them with homemade ice […]
[…] this Frozen Hot Chocolate for a caffeine free drink. (great for kids!) You can also make your own hot chocolate mix if you […]