Prep Time: 10 min.
Bake Time: 3-4 hours
- 7-8 lb. smoked and precooked, Butt portion ham.
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 20 oz. can pineapple rings (reserve 3/4 cup juice).
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- To make the glaze; melt butter, then stir in 3/4 cup pineapple juice, orange juice, cloves, cinnamon and brown sugar. Bring all to a boil over medium-high heat. Create a slurry with the cornstarch and water, then pour it into the boiling juice. Reduce heat to medium and allow the glaze to boil for one minute, stirring rapidly, until it has thickened and the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Grease a large roasting pan with butter, then remove ham from the packaging and place flat side down into the greased roaster. Cut a few shallow slices over the ham skin to allow the glaze to soak in under the skin and then pour 2/3 of the glaze over the ham, reserving the rest for later.
- Cover the ham with foil, or the lid that comes with the roasting pan. Bake the ham for 3-4 hours, until internal temperature has reached 145. After 11/2 to 2 hours, remove the ham from the oven and baste it with the juices that collect in the pan. Return it to the oven to finish baking.
- Remove cooked Ham from the oven and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before slicing. Pour glaze over sliced ham and serve with grilled pineapple slices (optional). Note* I grilled my pineapple slices on a panini grill and was pleased with the result!
Follow along for weekly recipes and meal ideas, or sign up at the bottom of the page for email updates each time a new recipe is published.