Prep Time: 10 minutes.
Yield: Roughly 1 quart salad dressing.
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet or yellow onion *see note.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard.
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup vegetable oil (you can also use canola oil).
- Chop the onion, then place into a blender. Add sugar, salt, pepper, celery seed, prepared yellow mustard, white vinegar and mayonnaise. Blend until creamy, then remove the center cap and slowly drizzle in the one cup of vegetable(or canola) oil, while the blender is still running at a low or medium speed.
- Once the oil is fully combined and the dressing is creamy, pour the onion dressing into a condiment jar or squeeze bottle and keep refrigerated.
- Serve with salads, Hay stacks, roasted potatoes and more!
Follow along for weekly recipes!
Note* If you prefer a dressing with a stronger onion flavor, you can add another 1/4 cup or so before blending. Let me know what you think in the comments below!