Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 45 min.
- 10 lasagna noodles- broken into smaller squares.
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed. *See Note
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced.
- 1-4 oz. can Mushroom pieces, drained. *See Note
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 4-5 cups chicken broth
- 1- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- shredded mozzarella
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook chicken, onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. Add mushrooms, garlic salt and flour, then stir well to coat chicken. Cook for another 60 seconds, then dump contents of the pan into a separate bowl and set aside for now.
- Place broken lasagna noodles in the skillet then pour 4 cups chicken broth over top, ensuring noodles are covered. Stir in 1/8 tsp. salt and cook for 20-30 minutes over medium heat, turning frequently to keep the top noodles from drying out.
- After noodles are cooked and soft, Pour in one cup milk and 1 cup chicken broth (the 4 cups chicken broth will reduce while cooking, but if there is about two cups of liquid left in the pan after noodles have cooked, you can skip adding the last one cup of chicken broth). Stir in chicken mixture and ensure you have plenty of liquid; milk and chicken broth should have the chicken and noodle mixture mostly covered. Reduce heat to low, then stir in Ricotta and parmesan cheeses. Cook on med-low for another 5-10 minutes to allow sauce to thicken. If sauce is too thick you can add another 1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk, (sauce should be fairly runny before cooking, as it will thicken while cooking and more as it cools). But if the sauce is too thin you can add more ricotta cheese.
- Top with Mozzarella cheese and allow the Skillet Lasagna a few minutes to cool before serving. Enjoy!
Note 1* You can also use 4 cups cooked and shredded, dark meat chicken, just reduce the cooking time to 5 minutes or until onions and mushrooms are soft.
Note 2* You can use 1 cup fresh mushroom slices, just add 5-10 minutes before adding flour and garlic salt- to allow plenty of time for the mushrooms to cook.