This recipe for s’more mini/personal cheesecakes was prayerfully concocted (and with a bit of trepidation) but, I was very happy with the rich and creamy dessert that was produced! These personal S’mores cupcakes with a graham cracker crust are the perfect dessert to indulge in alone or to present at parties or any hosting event, especially if you have lots of leftover s’mores ingredients on hand! Keep scrolling below the recipe for notes and substitutions.
Prep time: 20–30 minutes
Bake time:15-20 minutes
yield: 1 dozen
For the graham cracker crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (roughly one package whole.)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
For the individual cheesecakes:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 smallish eggs
- 12 regular sized marshmallows
- 6 1 oz. packages of Hershey’s chocolate bars (or chocolate bar of your choice).
Follow along for weekly recipes and meal ideas or sign up below for email updates on new recipes. I would love to hear your comments or questions as well!
Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a small bowl until well combined and slightly clumpy.
- Place cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder and lemon juice in a separate bowl and mix with a hand mixer until the cream cheese mixture is smooth and creamy. Add the eggs and beat again until well incorporated.
- Line a cupcake tin with paper liners and press roughly one tablespoon of graham cracker crumbs into the bottom, then fill the liners 2/3-3/4 full with the cheesecake mixture.
- Bake the cheesecakes until they have puffed up and no longer jiggle in the center, then remove from the oven.
- Top the warm mini cheesecakes with 2 pieces of chocolate. Let the chocolate sit for a minute or two then swirl it around with the bottom of a marshmallow (a spoon or small spatula can also be used) Insert the marshmallow in the center of the chocolate and then toast lightly in the broiler at 475 degrees for 30-60 seconds. Remove the cheesecakes from the oven and gently press on the tops of the marshmallow (caution may be hot so you may wish to give it a few minutes or more!) to flatten them slightly. Add a small piece of chocolate bar on top for garnish (optional).
- Chill for a few hours (optional) then enjoy! Keep refrigerated for up to 7 days. Keep scrolling for more notes and photos.
Graham cracker crust for the S’mores cheesecakes.
with cheesecake mixture.
Topped with 2 small chocolate bars.
Swirled and topped with marshmallows, ready for toasting!
If you wish you can double or triple the recipe for parties, hosting events, etc.
a few mini marshmallows per cheesecake could also be used, but time in the broiler may need to be adjusted.
Feel free to adjust the amount of sugar to preference in both the crust and the cheesecake.
Crush the graham cracker crumbs in a food processor or use a mallet, hammer or wooden rolling pin and a plastic bag if you wish. The former method is one we used while growing up Amish without electricity and it is still my go-to method today.
I would love to see your creation of this recipe as well! Follow and Tag me on Instagram at thismom.cooks