These Individual quiche with a hash brown crust are my toddlers favorite meal for breakfast, dinner or lunch! These flavorful and protein packed mini quiche are stuffed with ham, bacon, cheese and veggies and make a great prep-ahead meal for busy mornings. These mini quiche are also easily freezable for a quick make-ahead breakfast option.
Follow along for weekly recipes and meal ideas on social media or sign up below for email updates on new recipes!
Cheesy Mini Bacon Quiche
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley *see note
- 8 eggs beaten
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup bacon crumbled pre-cooked (bacon bits can also be used)
- 3/4 cup cubed deli ham optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Season all (Lawry's salt)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded hash browns
Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute the onions, tomatoes and fresh Italian parsley in butter or olive oil until the onions have softened. Drain the cooked veggies using a colander and then set aside for now.
- Place the beaten eggs in a medium sized bowl, then add milk, sour cream and seasonings. Stir well to combine, then gently fold in the bacon, ham, shredded cheese and drained veggies.
- Grease 16 muffin tins and then press a tablespoon (roughly) of hash browns into the bottom of each tin. Fill the remainder of the tins 3/4 full with the quiche mixture, then bake the mini quiche for 25 to 30 minutes until the edges have browned a bit and the individual quiche are set in the center.
Storage for these cheesy mini bacon quiche: To freeze these quiche, place them in an airtight container with parchment paper between the layers. The mini quiche can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. You can also keep leftovers refrigerated for up to 5 days. These mini quiche are easy to reheat in the microwave for a quick breakfast or snack option!
If you prefer a regular sized version of this quiche try my Crustless Cheesy Bacon Quiche recipe. I also prefer to bake my bacon rather than pan frying and recommend these instructions . Try adding a hot Chai Latte to your breakfast to make your meal complete!
Subscribe today and get free meal inspirations delivered to your doorstep!
Ingredients needed for these cheesy mini bacon quiche: Milk, sour cream, butter, tomato, onion, ham, parsley, shredded hash browns, shredded cheddar cheese, pepper, salt, season all, bacon and eggs.
You can substitute your favorite veggies into the quiche and can add less meat and/or more cheese if you wish. I recommend using whole milk, but you can also use low fat milk if you prefer. Feel free to add the cheese of your choice as well!
Step 2: Saute and drain the excess liquid from the veggies.
Step 2-3: Remove garlic from the skins and place into the crockpot along with remaining roasted vegetables, vegetable broth, tomato paste and fresh herbs. Cook in the crockpot until the tomatoes and veggies are well softened.
I find draining the veggies and drying the excess grease from the cooked bacon helps the quiche to set better. The first time testing this recipe I made the mistake of not drying the bacon and consequently the quiche were a bit of a greasy mess.
Step 3-4: Combine the quiche ingredients, then pour over the hash browns in the greased muffin tins.
How do you keep these breakfast quiche from sticking to the pan once baked?
I prefer to use non-stick muffin tins and to grease them with Pam (I can’t believe I’m recommending the use of Pam after spending 5 years without it!!) I did try to grease my tins with olive oil in my first test run of these quiche, but sadly they stuck to the tins and the clean up was a bear. After using cooking spray on my muffin tins the quiche came out quite nicely and in one piece!
Step 5: Bake the mini quiche, then cool slightly and Enjoy! These quiche make a great side to pancakes or baked oatmeal, but are also a great way to fill my little ones’ tummies on days when I’m in a hurry!
Feel free to pin for later and let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Thank you!