These tasty pizza sliders with a garlic and herb butter topping are so easy to compile and always get rave reviews from my husband. My two year old will eat up to 2 at a time, so they are definitely a win for my kids too! These easy pizza sliders are filled with salami, pepperoni, pizza sauce and cheese, topped with a buttery herb and garlic topping, then baked in the oven to get the cheese nicely melted inside. Pizza sliders are a great option for a quick week night or weekend dinner and sure to be a hit among pizza lovers. if you enjoy sandwiches and sliders, you may also enjoy my Ham Sliders with Poppy Seed Topping, Amish Fried Zucchini Sandwiches or Breakfast Paninis.
Keep scrolling below the recipe card for step by step photos and notes.
As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases. Follow along for more Amish and Mennonite recipes and feel free to leave a rating and comment in the comment section below!
Easy Pizza Sliders (baked in the oven)
- baking dish (Linked below)
- small saucepan (Linked below)
- basting brush (Linked below)
- Aluminum Foil (Linked below)
- 12 Hawaiian dinner rolls
- Pizza sauce
- 12 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices thinly sliced salami
- 12 slices sandwich style pepperoni *see note
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder *see note
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3-4 tablespoons grated parmesan optional
Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice the Hawaiian dinner rolls in half and then lightly toast both inside halves of the dinner rolls on a large, flat surfaced skillet (optional). Place the bottom half of the dinner rolls into the bottom of a 13 by 9 inch baking dish.
- Spread pizza sauce over top of the lightly toasted rolls, then layer 6 slices of mozzarella cheese on top. Layer on the salami and pepperoni slices, then layer the remaining slices of cheese over the meat and place the top half of the dinner rolls on top.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, then stir in the garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Using a basting brush, spread the butter topping over the top of the dinner rolls, then sprinkle parmesan cheese over top (optional).
- Cover the pizza sliders with Aluminum foil, then bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove the foil from the sliders and continue baking for an additional 5-10 minutes, until the tops of the rolls are golden. Cool slightly and enjoy!
Equipment needed for these Easy Pizza Sliders:
- Baking dish I use a 13 by 9 inch baking dish to bake these pizza sliders in.
- Small saucepan A small saucepan is needed for melting the butter and for combining the herb and garlic topping.
- Basting brush A basting brush makes spreading the garlic butter topping over the Hawaiian rolls much easier.
- Aluminum foil Aluminum foil is needed to cover the pizza sliders to prevent the tops of the Hawaiian rolls from browning too much while heating up in the oven.
Subscribe today and get free meal inspirations delivered to your doorstep!
Ingredients needed for these Pizza Sliders: Hawaiian dinner rolls, mozzarella cheese slices, pizza sauce, parmesan (optional), Italian seasoning, garlic powder, butter, salami, and pepperoni.
Pizza slider variations:
These pizza sliders are very versatile and you can add or subtract from the fillings list. You could try adding bacon, deli ham, sliced roast beef, spinach, onions, mushrooms, and more. You can also switch up the cheese by adding your favorite melting cheese instead of the mozzarella cheese slices.
Step 1: Lightly toast the inside halves of the Hawaiian rolls (optional) and place into a large baking dish.
I prefer to lightly toast my Hawaiian rolls before adding the pizza sauce, which also helps to prevent the rolls from getting too soggy. I was inspired to toast the bread when I remembered how my brother and I would always order a toasted pizza sub from Subway. Subway doesn’t carry the pizza sub regularly any more, and after getting some confused looking waiters, I just order an Italian sub and ask them to add marinara sauce to it before adding the toppings. Toasting the bread, whether for a pizza sub or for these buttery pizza sliders makes them extra yummy!
Step 2: Spread pizza sauce over the toasted Hawaiian rolls (the amount is up to you).
Step 2 continued: Spread half of the mozzarella cheese slices over the pizza sauce.
Step 2 continued: Add the 12 slices of salami, then add sandwich style or regular pepperoni slices on top.
Step 2 continued: Add the remainder of the mozzarella cheese slices, then top with the top half of the Hawaiian dinner rolls.
If you need to cut back on calories, you can omit the last layer of cheese from these pizza sliders.
Step 3: Melt the butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave, then stir in the garlic and Italian seasoning. Brush the garlic butter mixture evenly over the pizza sliders.
Step 3 continued: Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top of the garlic butter topping (optional).
Step 4: Cover the pizza sliders with Aluminum foil , then bake in the preheated oven as directed in the recipe card. Allow the sliders to cool slightly, then enjoy!
When it comes to pizza I am definitely a Ranch dressing fan (not and ad). I love a good tossed salad with Ranch dressing and a few of these pizza sliders dipped in Ranch dressing (you can never have too much Ranch). You can also add a veggie or fruit tray, salty snacks, such as chips or pretzels, and a good homemade iced tea or lemonade to make these pizza sliders a meal.
Storing leftover sliders:
If these sliders don’t get scarfed down after the first meal, you can store them in Zip-lock bags in the refrigerator for several days. To reheat the pizza sliders, simply wrap them in foil and place them in the oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Or you can microwave them until heated through.
Inspiration of the day:
Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one. Colossians 4:6
May we have wisdom to answer the questions of our little ones, the questions of others we meet in the street, or the questions that come (often without filter) from others online. In this world of social media it is easy to believe and accept anything that comes along, but seeking the truth through God’s word is the beginning of having true wisdom and a speech that is graceful and seasoned with salt. Wisdom and truth bring peace and joy to every situation, no matter how discouraging!
Feel free to pin this recipe for later, and tag me on Instagram to show off your own creation of this recipe. Thank you for your support!