Bake time 15-20 min.
- 1 1/4 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- optional add in: 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- butter and honey for serving
Follow along for weekly recipes and meal ideas or sign up below for email updates on new recipes.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Grease a 10 inch cast iron skillet with olive oil.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix first 5 dry ingredients, then stir in milk, beaten egg, and cooking oil. stir in cheese if you wish, then transfer to cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly then enjoy with butter and honey, soups and chili or even plain with cup cheese!