Prep time: 15 min.
Bake time: 40-50 min.
Yield: 1 9 inch pie.
A special Thank You to my Mother-in-law for introducing me to this delicious Rhubarb Pie, and for sharing it with all of you!
- One pie crust, enough for a 9 inch pie.
For the filling:
- 2 eggs, beaten.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups chopped fresh Rhubarb
- 3 tablespoons flour
For the crumb topping:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted.
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
Follow along, or sign up below for email updates if you love to bake and would also love dinner and breakfast ideas!
- Prepare pie crust according to Easy Flaky Pie crust recipe instructions, you will only need around 1/3 to 1/2 of the pie crust recipe (you can also make a full batch and freeze the remaining crusts for a later date).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, Mix the filling ingredients until well combined, then pour into the prepared pie crust, smoothing over with a spoon or spatula if needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda and baking powder, then add the melted butter and combine until loose crumbs form.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over the pie filling, then bake the pie in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes until the crust and crumb topping has turned a golden color.
- Cool, then serve with ice cream (optional) and enjoy!