Prep time: 15 min.
Bake time: 40-50 min.
Yield: 1 9 inch pie.
A special Thank You to my Mother-in-law for introducing me to this delicious Rhubarb Pie, and for sharing it with all of you!
- One pie crust, enough for a 9 inch pie.
For the filling:
- 2 eggs, beaten.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups chopped fresh Rhubarb
- 3 tablespoons flour
For the crumb topping:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted.
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
Follow along, or sign up below for email updates if you love to bake and would also love dinner and breakfast ideas!
- Prepare pie crust according to Easy Flaky Pie crust recipe instructions, you will only need around 1/3 to 1/2 of the pie crust recipe (you can also make a full batch and freeze the remaining crusts for a later date).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, Mix the filling ingredients until well combined, then pour into the prepared pie crust, smoothing over with a spoon or spatula if needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda and baking powder, then add the melted butter and combine until loose crumbs form.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over the pie filling, then bake the pie in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes until the crust and crumb topping has turned a golden color.
- Cool, then serve with ice cream (optional) and enjoy!
Easy Flaky pie crust this pie crust is an easy no fail recipe and I love how flaky it is!
Sweet and tangy rhubarb pie ready to be enjoyed with a scoop of ice cream!
Fresh Rhubarb Pie is one of my favorite parts of summer and my faithful little rhubarb patch gives enough rhubarb for one or two pies each year, which is the perfect amount for a small family like mine!
I like to make a full batch of pie crusts and save the extra crusts for strawberry pie. My strawberries are peeking through and should be ripening in a week or two, Yum!!