Smoky Crockpot Creamed Corn
- 3 cups Frozen whole kernel corn *see note below
- 6 oz. cream cheese cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar granulated
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- few dashes ground black pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon smoked paprika (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place corn, sugar, seasonings and heavy whipping cream into a 3-4 quart slow cooker/crock pot, then stir the mixture to incorporate the sugar and seasonings.
- Dot the corn mixture with cream cheese and butter then cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-4 hours. Give the corn mixture a stir every couple of hours to help incorporate the cream cheese. If you are not able to stir the corn every few hours, you can give it a good mix after it has cooked instead. Enjoy!
Follow along for weekly recipes and meal ideas.
*Note Frozen corn will have more liquid than drained whole kernel corn. If needed you can add a splash or two of the liquid from the canned corn, or you can use 1/4 cup whole milk and 1/4 cup heavy cream instead of 1/2 cup heavy cream. If you see that the creamed corn is still too thick after it has cooked, you can add a little warmed milk until you get the desired consistency.
Try serving this creamed corn with Rice and Beef Casserole with Cracker Topping, Steak and Rice dinner. or with Chicken Curry Pie!
Every year my in-laws grow a beautiful crop of sweet corn in their garden. We get together for “corn day” and then we clean and cream (or cut, for whole kernel corn) enough corn to last two to three families through the winter. Each meal that we get to use one of the packages of delicious sweet corn, I am very grateful to the Lord for such a generous family to be a part of, and for such a bountiful crop that he blesses us with!
[…] serving this casserole with crockpot creamed corn or Amish honey bread. Or try these easy pickled beets […]
[…] this Casserole with crockpot creamed corn or pickled beets! For dessert try fresh Rhubarb pie or Strawberry Filled […]
[…] adding some peppermint fruit salad to your meal or smoky crockpot creamed corn. Some dessert recipes that would pair well with this meal are Raspberry cheesecake cookies or […]
[…] serving these Chicken Enchiladas with crockpot creamed corn or fresh guacamole. For something new, try the green chile sauce over homemade French […]
[…] this casserole with homemade Applesauce or with smoky creamed corn. We love to have fresh homemade Amish honey bread or homemade whole wheat bread as a side to […]
[…] adding Amish Style Mashed Potatoes and Smoky Crockpot Creamed Corn to your meal. Don’t forget to add a family favorite: Amish Pumpkin Custard Pie or Amish […]