Prep time: 10 min.
Cook time: 4-6 hours
- 3 cups frozen whole kernel corn (or 2 15 oz. cans whole kernel sweet corn, drained).
- 6 oz. cream cheese, cubed.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- A few dashes of black pepper.
- 1/3 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (see note).
- 2 Tablespoons butter
Follow along for weekly recipes and meal ideas.
- Place corn, sugar, seasonings and heavy whipping cream into your slow cooker/ crock pot, then stir the mixture to incorporate the sugar and seasonings.
- Dot the corn mixture with cream cheese and butter then cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-4 hours. Give the corn mixture a stir every couple of hours to help incorporate the cream cheese. If you are not able to “babysit” the corn, you can give it a good mix after it has cooked instead. Enjoy!
*Note Frozen corn will have more liquid than drained whole kernel corn. If needed you can add a splash or two of the liquid from the canned corn, or you can use 1/4 cup whole milk and 1/4 cup heavy cream instead of 1/2 cup heavy cream. If you see that the creamed corn is still too thick after it has cooked, you can add a little warmed milk until you get the desired consistency.