Fresh peppermint fruit salad is a refreshing way to enjoy fruit in the summertime when the fresh mint is popping up in the garden. I like to serve this fruit salad for lunch alongside sandwiches, or soup and salad, and my kids sure love the sweet and minty flavor with the fruit!
As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases. Follow along for more Amish and Mennonite recipes and feel free to leave a rating and comment in the comment section below!
Fresh peppermint fruit salad
- Mixing bowl (linked below)
- Pairing knife (linked below)
- Cutting board (linked below)
- 2 1/2 cups assorted sliced and chunked fruit *see fruit ideas below.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar *see healthier alternatives below
- 1 tablespoon diced English peppermint, spearmint or chocolate mint tea leaves heaping
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice and sugar/sweetener of choice, then stir in tea leaves and allow the mixture to set for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice and chunk 2 1/2 cups fruit of your choice and place into a serving dish. Gently mix in the mint fruit syrup, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Note* Use fruit salad within several hours of refrigeration for maximum freshness.
Equipment for this fresh peppermint fruit salad:
- Mixing bowls I like to use a medium sized mixing bowl for the fruit and a smaller mixing bowl for the peppermint syrup.
- Pairing knife You can use a pairing knife or chef’s knife to chunk and slice the fruit with.
- Cutting board I prefer plastic cutting boards that are also dish washer friendly for slicing meats, fruits and vegetables on.
You can serve this fruit salad plain in a pretty dish, or you can enjoy it with yoghurt and homemade granola in a fruit parfait for breakfast or brunch!
I love to have parfait options for traveling. Simply pack a container of yoghurt, fruit and granola and then tape a spoon on top of the container. You may wish to place the granola in a separate bag to keep it from getting soggy if you are going to be prepping the fruit parfaits the night before your trip or busy morning when you will be needing something quick to grab before you head out the door.
This fruit and granola parfait is a great option for serving in small individual cups at parties or for brunch with friends. This is also a nice breakfast option for those hot summer mornings when you prefer not to cook!
Subscribe today and get free meal inspirations delivered to your doorstep!
Feel free to pin this recipe for later and leave a review in the recipe box.
[…] adding Fresh Peppermint Fruit Salad as a side and Fresh Rhubarb Pie with Crumb Topping for dessert! If you are feeling adventurous, try […]
[…] Naan Flatbread Margherita Pizzas would be delicious with Peppermint fruit salad or even Curried Chicken Cobb salad if you want to add a little extra protein to the […]
[…] serving this Sandwich with fresh peppermint fruit salad or boiled corn on the […]
[…] adding some peppermint fruit salad to your meal or smoky crockpot creamed corn. Some dessert recipes that would pair well with this […]