Prep Time: 15 min.
Yield: 8-9 Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 cup buttermilk *See note
- 1/3 cup strawberries diced.
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/4 -1/3 cup raspberries sliced in half lengthwise.
- 1 tablespoon butter
Follow along for more weekly recipes and meal ideas.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix dry ingredients. Stir in egg and then buttermilk until the batter is smooth and silky. Gently fold in strawberries, blueberries and raspberries, being careful not to crush them.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet and one tablespoon butter over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, or until butter starts to sizzle. Adjust heat if needed, then working in batches, pour 1/2 cup batter for each pancake onto the skillet and cook them until bubbles start to form on top and the bottom is nicely golden. Flip the pancakes with a spatula and allow them to cook for another minute or two until both sides are golden then remove from heat.
- Optional: Serve the pancakes with your favorite syrup, butter, whipped topping and extra fruit.
Note* Although I highly recommend using real buttermilk, if you need to use a substitute you may need to adjust the amount depending on which buttermilk substitute you use.
For more breakfast and Brunch ideas try Breakfast Paninis with Chick-fil-A based Dipping Sauce. Crustless Cheesy Bacon Quiche or Stuffed French Toast!