Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 min.
- 1 Italian Bread loaf *See note
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 cups fresh fruit: strawberry slices, blueberries, Raspberries, Banana slices etc.
- 2-3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
Optional toppings: Maple syrup, and confectioner’s sugar (can use pancake syrup as well).
- Slice the Bread and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, vanilla and sugar. Mix with a hand mixer until well combined and creamy.
- Beat eggs in a serving dish, then spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture onto two bread slices. Top one slice of bread with fresh fruit, then add the second slice as a lid. Dip the fruit/cream cheese sandwich into egg wash, ensuring both sides are well covered. Repeat this process for the next 4-5 stuffed French toasts.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet, then add stuffed French toast sandwiches and fry on med-low heat for a few minutes per side; or until the egg has cooked and the bread is a nice golden color.
- Optional: Serve with more fresh fruit, syrup and confectioner’s sugar.
For a video Tutorial See here 👇 https://pin.it/6Ptp94i