My Cousin, who is still old order Amish, introduced us to this delicious breakfast of cheesecake stuffed French toast. You can fill and top the French toast with your favorite fruits, pie fillings or even chocolate chips. This stuffed French toast would pair very well with Cheesy mini bacon quiche for a gourmet brunch or breakfast party!
As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases. Follow along for more Amish and Mennonite recipes and feel free to leave a rating and comment in the comment section below!
Cheesecake stuffed French toast
- Large non-stick skillet (linked below)
- Mixing bowl (linked below)
- Hand held mixer (linked below)
- 1 loaf Italian bread or homemade bread *see recipes linked below
- 2-3 large eggs
- butter for frying
- 2 cups fresh fruit, strawberry slices, blueberries, raspberries, banana slices etc.
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- confectioner's sugar
- maple syrup or pancake syrup
- Slice the bread and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, vanilla and sugar. Mix with a hand mixer until well combined and creamy, then spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture onto two bread slices.
- Top one slice of bread with fresh fruit, then add the second slice as a lid. Beat the eggs in a dish with a large flat surface, then dip the fruit/cream cheese sandwich into egg wash, ensuring both sides are well covered. Repeat this process for the next 4-5 stuffed French toasts.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet, then add the French toast sandwiches and fry on med-low heat for a few minutes per side; or until the egg has cooked and the bread is a nice golden color.
- Serve with more fresh fruit, syrup and confectioner's sugar (optional).
Equipment needed for this stuffed French toast:
- Large non-stick skillet Using a non-stick skillet makes the frying part much easier for these Cheesecake stuffed French toasts.
- Mixing bowl I like to use stainless steel mixing bowls, because they have always been sturdy and durable for me.
- Hand held mixer A hand held mixer is very handy for mixing the cheesecake filling for these stuffed French toasts.
You can also use home-made bread or your favorite bought bread in this recipe; Try my Homemade Whole Wheat Bread or Mom’s Amish Honey Bread!
Ingredients needed: Cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, Sliced Italian bread (or bread of your choice), sugar and fruit.
If you prefer, you can also add a pinch of cinnamon and several dashes of nutmeg to the egg wash for a spiced French toast.
Subscribe today and get free meal inspirations delivered to your doorstep!
Step 1: Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together with a hand mixer until smooth and spreadable.
If you prefer your cream cheese spread to be sweeter, additional sugar can be added to the cheesecake filling. We prefer our filling to only be mildly sweet because of the additional toppings we put on the finished stuffed French toast such as syrup, whipped topping and/or confectioner’s sugar.
Step 1 continued: Spread a layer of cheesecake filling onto 8-10 sliced of bread.
Spreading the cheesecake filling onto the top and bottom halves of the “sandwich” keeps the fruit in place while dipping into the egg wash and then frying.
Step 2: Top the cream cheese layer with fruit of your choice on the bottom half of the bread. Top with the remaining slice of bread and then dip the sandwich (top and bottom) into egg wash.
Step 3: Fry the stuffed French in butter until golden on both sides and the filling is heated through.
Step 4: Top with maple syrup, pancake syrup, whipped topping, additional fruit etc. Enjoy!
This is one of our favorites for Saturday morning brunch. When everyone is cranky and hungry, I can have this easy Stuffed French Toast whipped up in less than 30 minutes, making it a win for everyone!
Feel free to pin for later and tag me on Instagram to show off your own creation of this recipe!
[…] Stuffed French Toast — This Mom Cooks […]
Thank you for the great recipes!
Your welcome, enjoy!!
[…] For more breakfast and Brunch ideas try Breakfast Paninis with Chick-fil-A based Dipping Sauce. Crustless Cheesy Bacon Quiche or Stuffed French Toast! […]