This simple crockpot pizza dip is a popular snack item at my house. The delicious pizza flavors with a base of cream cheese, makes the perfect dip for crackers, pretzels, bread and more. This easy pizza dip is made with only 6 basic ingredients and can be adapted to fit your taste (try adding other cooked meats, such as bacon, sausage etc. or try adding other cheeses of your choice). Because of how easy this pizza dip is to mix up and toss into the slow cooker to heat up, it is perfect for game day parties, hosting events, potlucks and more. Some ideas for dippers to pair with this pizza dip are sourdough crackers, French bread, pretzels, tortilla chips, breadsticks and garlic pretzel knots.
As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases. Follow along for more Amish and Mennonite recipes and feel free to leave a rating and comment in the comment section below!
Easy Crockpot Pizza Dip (only 6 ingredients)
- Hand held mixer (linked below)
- Mixing bowl (linked below)
- Spatula (linked below)
- 3 quart crockpot (linked below)
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup pizza or marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella or Italian style shredded cheese divided
- 1 cup mini pepperoni divided *see note
- Place the softened cream cheese, pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella or Italian style cheese into a medium sized mixing bowl and combine with a hand mixer. Fold in 3/4 cup of the mini pepperoni, reserving the rest for later.
- Place the cheese and sauce mixture into the bottom of a 2.5-3 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours until the mixture is heated through and beginning to brown on the edges.
- Top the pizza dip with the remaining shredded cheese and mini pepperoni pieces, then return the lid and allow the cheese to melt for an additional 15-20 minutes on low. Allow the pizza dip to cool slightly, then serve and enjoy!
Equipment needed for this easy pizza dip:
- Hand held mixer I prefer to use a hand held mixer for combining the cream cheese with the sauce and other cheeses. A hand held mixer does a better job at getting the cream cheese as smooth as possible, but no worries if a few small lumps remain.
- Mixing bowl A mixing bowl is needed to combine the dip in. Do not use a hand held mixer in the slow cooker, as it can scratch the enamel of the slow cooker.
- Spatula A spatula is useful for folding the mini pepperoni into the cheese mixture, as well as spreading the cheese and sauce mixture into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- 2.5-3 quart crockpot/slow cooker I prefer to use my 2.5 quart crockpot for the amount this dip makes. If you do not have a 2.5-3 quart slow cooker on hand, you can also use a 4 quart crockpot but may need to reduce the cooking time. If using a 5-6 quart slow cooker, I highly recommend doubling the recipe.
Subscribe today and get free meal inspirations delivered to your doorstep!
The 6 ingredients needed for this easy crockpot pizza dip: Cream cheese, pizza or marinara sauce, mini pepperoni, Italian seasoning, grated parmesan cheese, shredded mozzarella or Italian style cheese.
Add-ins for this pizza dip:
If you wish to make this pizza dip a meat lover’s pizza dip, you can add crumbled (cooked) bacon and sausage to the dip. Simply fold in the extra meats with the pepperoni. You can also make this pizza dip a veggie pizza dip by omitting the pepperoni and adding veggies such as onions, peppers, black olives, mushrooms, etc. I do recommend partially or fully sauteing any veggies you wish to add, because the pizza dip can be done in 2-3 hours or less. I use a homemade marinara sauce that has a nice herb and garlic flavor. If you wish to add more herb or garlic flavor to the pizza dip, you can add additional fresh herbs and sauteed, minced garlic or garlic powder to the cream cheese mixture.
Step 1-2: Place the softened cream cheese, pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella or Italian style cheese into a medium sized mixing bowl and combine with a hand mixer. Fold in 3/4 cup of mini pepperoni, then place the cheese and sauce mixture into the bottom of a 2.5-3 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours until the mixture is heated through and beginning to brown on the edges.
Step 3: Top the pizza dip with the remaining shredded cheese and mini pepperoni pieces, then return the lid and allow the cheese to melt for an additional 15-20 minutes on low.
Note on cooking times for this pizza dip:
This pizza dip can heat up pretty quickly, so be sure to check the pizza dip between 1 1/2-2 hours. If using a larger crockpot than recommended in the recipe card, I would check the dip at around an hour. The larger the crockpot, the faster things heat up unless the recipe has been doubled or tripled. The pizza dip can also be stirred halfway through cooking to avoid the sides from browning.
Step 3 continued: Allow the pizza dip to cool slightly, then serve with your favorite breads or salty snacks as dippers. Enjoy!
Storage for this easy crockpot pizza dip:
This pizza dip can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days or frozen for up to 2 months in an airtight container.
Feel free to pin this recipe for later and be sure to tag me on Instagram to show off your own spread with this pizza dip as the centerpiece. Thank you for your support!