This Curried Chicken Cobb Salad is a light and refreshing salad that is packed with nutrients and rich in flavor as well! Feel free to customize this salad to your preference and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases. Follow along for more Amish and Mennonite recipes and feel free to leave a rating and comment in the comment section below!
Curried chicken cobb salad
For the curried chicken:
- 2 medium chicken breasts sliced
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon season all
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Old bay seasoning (optional)
For the salad:
- 1 cup spinach roughly chopped
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup cherry tomato halves
- 3 mini bell peppers sliced *see note
- 1/3 English cucumber sliced
- crumbled bacon (optional)
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- Ranch dressing or dressing of choice
- Lemon or lime juice
- Blue cheese (optional)
- Mix seasonings in a small dish, then sprinkle generously over chicken, seasoning all sides. Add several tablespoons oil to a non-stick skillet, then fry the seasoned chicken for a few minutes until all sides are slightly browned. Cover with a lid and turn heat to med-low. Cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and reaches 165 degrees.
- Compile salad in order given, first mixing lettuce and spinach, then adding the rest of the vegetable ending with eggs and chicken (cooled to room temp), then sprinkle bacon and blue cheese (optional) over top.
- Squeeze lemon or lime juice over the salad (optional) and serve with dressing of choice.
Try this salad with fresh, homemade bread or garlic pretzel knots!
Follow along for weekly recipes and meal ideas or sign up below for email updates on new recipes. I would love to hear your comments as well!
Curried Chicken may seem like a strange addition to a salad, but my husband raves over this salad whenever I serve it, and it is one of my favorites as well!
Fry the chicken until nicely browned on all sides, then cover and allow to continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 165.
Note* Fresh lemon or lime juice drizzled over this salad really brings out a refreshing flavor!
Feel free to add or subtract any of your favorite/least favorite veggies, bacon or eggs in this salad.
My husband and I decided to try a month of eating no sugar for him, and low sugar for me, (woman has got to have a few sweets you know.) and eating light, healthy meals. I was excited but also a little apprehensive about coming up with ideas. After I made this salad and got good reviews from Him, and loved it myself, I felt like maybe this whole diet thing won’t be so bad after all!
I would love to see your creation of this recipe as well! Tag me on Instagram at thismom.cooks and I will add your creation onto my story as well.
[…] Naan Flatbread Margherita Pizzas would be delicious with Peppermint fruit salad or even Curried Chicken Cobb salad if you want to add a little extra protein to the […]
[…] these zucchini boats Curried chicken cobb salad or with fresh homemade […]