Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook time: 25-30 min.
- 3-4 medium sized Potatoes, chopped.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 Tablespoons butter (you can also use plant butter for a dairy free option.)
- 3/4 cup onions, diced.
- 1/2 cup yellow, red or green peppers, chopped.
- 2 cups cooked Ham chunks
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- ground black pepper, to taste.
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Season all, to taste (optional).
- 4-5 eggs (the amount can be adjusted according to preference).
Optional Add ins:
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Any of your favorite veggies can be added, just be sure to leave enough time for them to cook to your preference.
- Cook Potatoes over medium heat, with salt and enough water to cover the potatoes. Cook until tender but not fully softened (about 10-15 minutes). Dump Potatoes into a colander to drain them, then run a little water over them to remove excess starch.
- Saute onions until translucent, then add potatoes and peppers. Cook and turn frequently over medium-high heat for a few minutes until potatoes start to brown. Add seasonings and cooked ham, then give the mixture a good stir. Cook for a few minutes more, until vegetables have softened and potatoes are nicely browned.
- Move veggies to the side of the skillet and turn heat down to med-low *See note. Add eggs ( you may also need to add more butter to keep the eggs from sticking), and cook them for a minute or two per side or according to your preference. Remove the skillet from heat and move the eggs to a platter, then smooth the veggie and potato mixture back over the bottom of the pan and place eggs over top.
- Optional: Serve with Tabasco sauce and ketchup, or your favorite dipping sauce!
Note* You can also remove the Hash mixture to keep it from cooking any more, if needed.