These soft and chewy M&M cookies with delightful chunks of melted chocolate are a delicious treat. This Recipe was shared by my Amish Grandmother who makes the best desserts, especially pies and cookies!
Prep time: 20 min.
Bake time: 12-15 min.
Yield: 3 dozen
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, softened.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (use gluten free rolled oats to make this recipe GF).
- 4 oz. chocolate bar of your choice, roughly chopped.
- 1 cup m&ms of your choice.
Follow along for more recipes, or sign up below for email updates on new recipes!
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs and peanut butter, then mix well until the mixture is fluffy and well incorporated. Add baking soda and rolled oats and mix to combine, then fold in the m&ms and chocolate chunks.
- Drop the cookie dough by tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet (I prefer to grease my pans with a bit of butter but you can also use cooking spray), then shape the cookie dough into balls with your fingers. These cookies tend to spread out a good bit in the oven so be sure to keep them several inches apart.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until the bottoms and edges are starting to brown. Allow the cookies to rest for 5-10 minutes, then remove them from the baking sheets and enjoy!
This Recipe is another treasure I found in grandma’s recipe box. Perhaps I should call them treasure chest cookies?!